Please sign in to start using the system. If you don't already have a username please register here.
New Bidder registration is free and requires confirmation via an Activation email from Verify@eGovMarkets.com. Activation messages may take up to 24 hours to be delivered.
Here you can view and bid on items being sold by several county agency's.
*** ALL ITEMS SOLD "AS IS" "WHERE IS" *** PLEASE.... read terms before bidding,
By placing a bid you agree to the terms of the sale
General Terms and Conditions for the Online Sale
2. All Property auctions will be conducted in such a manner that the highest bid for the Property shall prevail. However, the Board of County Commissioners, Ashtabula County, Ohio (the "Board") reserves the right for its representative to cancel bids in an auction if one or more of the following circumstances apply:
a. It is determined that an auction shall be canceled or terminated early,
b. A bidder requests permission to back out of a bid,
c. The identity of a bidder cannot be verified or
d. It is determined that a bidder is purchasing the Property for a use contrary to the health, welfare or safety of Ashtabula County, Ohio or the general public.
3. The number of days of bidding on the Property involved will be specified by the authorizing authority.
4. The Board reserves the right, at a later date, through its representative, to establish the minimum prices that may be accepted for any Property that is the subject of the online auction, the terms and conditions of any particular sale that may occur, including but not limited to requirements for pick up and/or delivery of the Property, method of payment.
5. The information described in Paragraph 4 above will be provided on the Internet at the time of the auction itself, or will be provided before that time, upon request, if the Board or its representative has determined the terms and conditions.
6. ANY PROPERTY LISTED AND SOLD BY INTERNET AUCTION SHALL BE ON AN "AS IS" AND "WHERE IS" BASIS. REGARDING ANY PROPERTY WHICH IS LISTED OR PURCHASED BY INTERNET AUCTION, THE BOARD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE BIDDER PURCHASES THE PROPERTY AT THEIR SOLE RISK.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL ASHTABULA COUNTY, OHIO, ITS BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS, ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO A BIDDER OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGE OR LOSS WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SALE OF THE PROPERTY OR THE USE OF THE PROPERTY, HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT.
General Terms and Conditions for the Pick Up and Payment of Awarded Items
1. Obsolete Item(s) are awarded to the highest bidder and that bidder will be contacted via e-mail.
2. The highest bidder will pay for all awarded item(s) in full per auction within 10 business days excluding National Holidays. If a bidder is awarded multiple items per auction, payment must be accepted for ALL items per auction. No partial payments on multiple awards will be accepted per an auction period.
a. NO PARTIAL PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED. ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE PAID IN FULL WITHIN THE 10 BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE RECEIVING ANY ITEMS(S).
b. All payments will be accepted between the hours of 8:00am and 10:00am, Monday thru Thursday (Candace S. Baker-Korver is not in on Fridays), excluding National holidays at the following address:
Ashtabula County Commissioners
25 West Jefferson St.
Jefferson, Ohio 44047
c. Acceptable forms of payment are:
**** ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD AS IS WHERE IS ****
d. Upon payment, customer will receive a copy of the receipt for presentation during pick up of item(s)
e. All checks are to be made payable to: Ashtabula County Commissioners
f. Customers will be REQUIRED to present their receipt for the pick up of all items.
g. Purchases will be released only upon receipt of payment as specified. Successful bidders are responsible for loading and removal of any and all property awarded to them from the place where the property is located as indicated on the website. The Buyer will make all arrangements and perform all work necessary, including packing, loading and transportation of the property.
h. The awarded bidder will have a maximum of 10 business days to contact the Department to make arrangements for the pick up the item(s) after the receipt of payment.
i. In the event the awarded bidder has NOT been notified by the Department for "pick up" arrangements, the bidder is highly encouraged to contact the Listing department via the information as provided in the listing.
j. In order to pick up the awarded item(s), the buyer will provide the receipt of payment to the Department, at which time the releasing Department will witness the buyer's signature as verification the item(s) were received.
k. If the awarded bidder fails to contact the releasing Department within the allotted 10 business days, the item(s) will be awarded to the next highest bidder or re-listed on the auction and the original awarded bidder will NOT receive a refund for the paid item(s).
State/Local Sales and/or Use Tax – Buyers may be subject to payment of state and/or local sales and/or use tax. The Board of County Commissioners of Ashtabula County, Ohio is not responsible for collection of taxes. Buyers are responsible for contacting the appropriate tax office, completing any forms, and paying any taxes that may be imposed.
Lost Username | Lost Password | Registration Instructions | Bidding Instructions